Why Drink Kefir ?
Wonder…. why drinking Kefir ? Read below 50 Reasons to drink Kefir ….
- Supports a healthy immune system
- Natural energy boost
- Increases healthy micro flora in the gut
- It literally means “feel good” in Turkish
- Helps to curb cravings for junk food
- Supports healthy digestive system
- Supports regular bowel movements
- Contains high amounts of minerals
- Kefir drink is a complete protein
- It’s abundant in tryptophan, which is relaxing to the nervous system
- Contains an abundance of calcium and magnesium which are supportive to a healthy nervous system
- Rich in enzymes that help us digest our food
- Contains high amounts of protein
- It’s very filling and great for weight loss
- If you have taken antibiotics kefir will help repopulate your digestive tract with healthy bacteria
- Kefir contributes to, enhances, and stabilizes the microorganisms of the intestines.
- Kefir can actually colonize the digestive tract with additional beneficial bacteria; yogurt just feeds the good bacteria you already have in your digestive tract
- Kefir has been consumed by people with AIDS, chronic fatigue syndrome, cancer and herpes.
- Kefir has been known to help those with sleep disorders, ADHD and depression.
- It helps to reduce flatulence , Bloating , IBS etc .
- Nursing mothers who drink kefir help support the immune system of their nursing babies
- Kefir is also rich in vitamin B-12, vitamin K and biotin.
- Especially safe and nutritious for children
- Drinking kefir helps you digest other foods. Have trouble digesting that t-bone steak? Drink some kefir before and after. (I have personal experience with this!)
- There are over 400 species of bacteria living in our digestive tract, it’s important to keep the good bacteria healthy to crowd out the bad bacteria, drinking kefir will help immensely with this
- Kefir contains lactic acid, which is good for healthy skin
- Kefir has anti-aging and anti-inflammatory properties
- It may help you loose weight, as it is a great source of protein and keeps you full longer without empty calories.
- One serving (1 cup/ 135 calories) of kefir provides you will 30% of your daily value of calcium and protein
- Kefir drink helps to prevent infections such as yeast overgrowth
- Kefir is helpful with urinary tract infections
- For what little time you spend “making” kefir you reap huge benefits
- There are 8-11 grams of protein per cup of kefir
- 1 c. provides 25% of the daily amount of Vitamin D you need
- Although kefir is made from milk the process of turning it into kefir almost completely eliminates the lactose. Often those who have trouble with lactose can handle kefir
- Homemade kefir can have up to 50 strains of beneficial bacteria in it as opposed to just 3 strains, or less, of bacteria in yogurt
- Kefir acts as a natural antibiotic due to the fact that it prevents the growth of harmful bacteria
- Drinking kefir helps to balance your blood sugar and may be helpful for those with blood sugar imbalances.
- It has been known to help those with diarrhea and leaky gut syndrome
- Kefir contains lots of phosphorus, which is the second most abundant mineral in our body
- Kefir gives you energy!
- It helps detoxify the body
- Drinking kefir can help your body combat allergies
- It helps rid the body of candida
- Supports healthy blood pressure
- Supports a healthy brain
- Supports healthy joints
- Kefir eats up extra sugar in your body
- Kefir is full of amino acids
- It’s delicious and versatile.